INROCKÂ® Manufacturing Profile
INROCKÂ® is one of the only dedicated HDD tooling suppliers that is also a fully integrated manufacturer. INROCK manufacturers its tools primarily from our facility in Houston, TX where we have invested in the latest manufacturing and machining assets. Owning and controlling our manufacturing operations means that we have control over key quality inputs and have full traceability of tools and components from finished product back to raw material.
- Design – INROCK’s dedicated engineering team designs each tool using the latest 3D CAD software. Before INROCK begins production on any tool or component our engineering team conducts finite element analysis (FEA) on key components to ensure we are designing tools to meet the demanding performance requirements of the HDD industry.
- Material Selection – INROCK’s engineering and manufacturing team selects the material for our tools as well as defines specifications required of our vendors. This group also outlines machining tolerances, heat treat specifications, welding procedures and other critical manufacturing elements associated with producing our tools.
- Raw Material – INROCK selects the appropriate raw material for the tool and only sources materials from high quality / reputable suppliers. INROCK receives material certifications on all raw material to ensure it meets our specifications and quality expectations.
- Manufacturing standards – INROCK generally produces all of its products to meet API specifications. If no API standard applies, INROCK produces its product to strict internal engineering design practices and quality standards.
- QC process – Our manufacturing process includes quality checks after each major operation and this data is recorded on quality sheets and tied to the serial numbers of the products produced allowing for full traceability of each component.
This integrated approach to manufacturing results in high quality and reliable tools for our customers specifically designed to meet the rigorous demands of the HDD industry.